Friday, December 7, 2012

Good News

In the face of all the bad cycling news, here's some GOOD cycling news - for me anyway!

I'm excited to say that I'll be back with Optum p/b Kelly Benefits for the next season. I had an awesome season with the team last year and I'm looking forward to another great year. And this also means I don't need to change the colour of my blog! Although, this year I get to rock the red and white, rather than Optum orange - until the end of June at least.

Check out the press release for the full story.

And another positive announcement from the past couple weeks - a Canadian company, Global Relay, has made a huge investment in Canadian cycling for the next four years. They're already sponsors of the Gastown Grand Prix -  a part of BC SuperWeek here in Vancouver - but now they've decided to take their support to the next level with the formation the Global Relay Bridge the Gap cycling fund.  It's pretty cool to see this company and some of Canada's biggest names in cycling, Svein Tuft, Andre Pinfold, Will Routley, Ryan Anderson and Erinne Willock come together to support Canada's up and coming cyclists. The fund is designed to help get athletes onto pro teams and on the women's side, help keep them there as well. I'm supposed to be taking on a bit more of a mentorship role, but it's great to know that the fund is there if we need it.

Check out some of the press releases on that as well!



1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I have read your interesting blog related to sports mats. These are very interesting facts covered on this blog.
    You can also find some more facts about sports mats in this site:-
    http://www.fitnessmatsindia.com/

    ReplyDelete